Out-sourced shredding is more cost effective than in-house shredding.
It is very expensive to have your own employees shred paper with portable office shredders. If your people are shredding for as little as a combined two hours PER MONTH, it is likely that hiring a professional document destruction company will be a less expensive alternative.
If you are shredding less than two hours per month, you may want to consider storing the paper and having the paper shredded once per year by a professional document destruction company.
You save money by using a professional document shredding company because:
- You don't have to pay your employees to shred the paper
- You don't have to purchase and maintain your own shredding equipment
- You don't have to remove paper clips and staples
- You don't have to clean up the dust from shredding
- You don't have to pay for the cost of disposal of the paper